If you want to brace yourselves for any weather disturbances, then getting yourselves the best weather station is a must.
You can install a weather station in your house, office, and your backyard and the best ones let you connect your smart devices with the weather station. If you install one at your house, then you can get information about the local temperature, rainfall, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, and pressure. Alarms can be set for you to be aware when the extreme conditions are reached and when the values reach beyond the maximum limit.
There are quite a different variety of weather stations available on the market but there are some parameters that you must keep in mind while looking for the best weather stations. The basic parameters of their configuration, features, and costs are the most important. The first thing you should be very clear about before you purchase is that the purpose of the weather station – where you will install it, and for what purpose you will use it.
The next factor is the kind of data that you want to measure. Best weather stations provide information on all kinds of data. The connection type and distance should also be considered. Thus, decide on your purpose and get yourself the best one.
Also Check : Best Post Hole Digger
Need weather updates daily and still peeping to the screen of televisions, then it’s high time to switch to your own best weather stations. A lab with various complex devices is no more the star of a show as compared to a small device that is capable of giving a handful of pieces of information like temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed, and direction, and that’s what a weather station can do it for you. Some of them can also provide integrated soil moisture, water temperature, dew points, and video glimpses of the sky also.
Home Weather Station Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Home Weather Station Reviews 2020
- Best Home weather station Reviews
- AcuRite 01512 wireless weather station with 5-in-1 weather sensor
- Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart WiFi Weather Station Reviews
- La Crosse technology 308-1414B wireless weather station Reviews
- AcuRite 01012M weather station, compatible with Amazon Alexa
- Davis instruments 6250 vantage Vue wireless weather station Reviews
- AcuRite 01036M Wireless Home Weather Station Reviews
- AcuRite 01024 Pro Home Weather Station with Lightning Detector
- La Crosse Technology C85845-1 Color Wireless Forecast Station
- FanJu FJ3365B Wireless Weather Station Reviews
- Oregon Scientific BAR208HGX advanced weather station
- Things to note while buying a Best Home Weather Station
- FAQs for Home Weather Station 2020
- Conclusion: Best Home Weather Stations 2020
Still wondering if you need one of them or not when there are various news channels, websites, and apps that can do the same thing for you? Well none of them gives you the accurate and frequently updated weather reports about your local area.
Actually, a weather station gives you a close proximity to weather readings that suits your needs. You can be in any profession whether a farmer or gardener, a camper or a businessman but they don’t have a comprehensive knowledge of weather at their respective current location. But with the help of a weather station, they can significantly schedule their day as per the weather reports which not only saves money rather saves their life too.
The devices are battery backed up and can charge themselves with solar energy and come with the wireless feature as well. They can be also connected to the internet so that you can monitor your weather conditions from anywhere and share your findings with other enthusiasts.
Depending on the features, durability, and efficiency there is a significant wide spectrum of prices to pick from. Advance features like information regarding lighting, UV and solar radiation can be fetched as well.
Best Home weather station Reviews
AcuRite 01512 wireless weather station with 5-in-1 weather sensor
Style name – Single Display
The AcuRite Pro Color Weather station helps you to plan your day by giving you the weather forecast and temperature information. It uses the patented self-calibration technology to predict the weather conditions from 12 to 24 hours. It comes with a colored screen console decked with the latest features that makes it more technologically accurate in predicting the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, rainfall, wind speed, wind direction, wind chill, heat index, dew point, barometric pressure. The sensor unit contains the 5-in-1 wireless technology that makes the weather station easy to install.
- Track rainfall – the rainfall history and precipitation can be tracked. It can measure the amount of rainfall in inches or millimeters for that particular day, over all-time, by year and by month. It can also display the total number of rainy days in a month and the number of days since the last recorded rainfall.
- Wind speed and wind direction – wind speed can be tracked up to 99 MPH. A 16 point windrose is used to indicate the wind direction and the two previous directions can also be found out.
- Weather ticker – it is customizable and displays all real-time information available about the weather.
- Illuminated Color display – it has three different lighting settings and can adjust the brightness based on the time of the day and year.
- Focused sensor Data collection – the AcuRite weather station employs a 5-in-1 sensor that collects raw data from your yard and tracks changes in temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure to produce an absolutely accurate data for that particular location. It is a wireless sensor and can be installed easily.
- Self-calibrating forecasting – the device uses a unique algorithm to analyze changes in pressure and temperature over a 14-day period to determine the altitude of your location. Once this is done, it provides you with highly accurate weather forecasts.
Things We Like
- This wireless weather station has a wide transmission range up to 330ft.
- Self-emptying tipping bucket technology gives the data of rainfall up to date
- The colored screen console makes it attractive.
- The user will be notified if the data is not transmitted from the sensor, by the wireless sensor indicator.
- Easy to step up so that it saves time and labor.
Things We Dislike
- Internet connectivity is not compatible so that the sharing of live data is also not possible through the internet.
The AcuRite 01512 wireless weather station is of high quality and is durable and reliable. Also, it is available at an affordable price of $149.99 on Amazon with a one-year limited warranty. The product is decked with the latest technologies and systems that make the device pinpoint accurate and is very helpful for those who have to plan their activities outside on a regular basis.
Ambient Weather WS-2902A Smart WiFi Weather Station Reviews
This Ambient Weather weather system can monitor your home and backyard weather conditions with the latest technologies and comes with a brilliant, easy-to-use LCD display. It is capable of measuring the wind speed and direction, rainfall, outdoor and indoor temperature and humidity, solar radiation, UV, and barometric pressure, dew point, wind chill, and heat index. It is can be connected to the weather underground website and the Osprey streams the real-time data (updated every 16 seconds) to this website. The Wi-Fi connectivity option enables you to manage and use your device from your laptop, tablet or mobile phones.
- Receive email and text alerts – you can receive and send email and text alerts without a service charge. It stores the timeline history and can be accessed anytime you want.
- Connect to IFTTT – the weather station sensors can be connected to IFTTT and other devices, like blinds and rain gauges, can be controlled through it. This feature can also be used to connect to different web services. The IFTTT triggered applets are tracked by the timeline included in the Ambient Weather server.
- Works with the Google assistant – there is an Ambient Weather app to connect its users to Google. Once the account is linked to Google, the outdoor and indoor weather information can be procured through it.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa – when you connect your Ambient Weather account with Alexa, you can get your outdoor and indoor weather information just by asking Alexa.
- Osprey color display console – it is a brilliant, easy-to-use LCD display. The Wi-Fi connectable option enables the station to transmit the data wirelessly to the internet.
Things We Like
- Results produced by Ambient Weather WS-2902A is extremely accurate.
- Considerably durable.
- Enriched with feature model leveraging the benefits of technology.
- Easy to set up and maintenance.
- IFTTT is compatible.
- To monitor weather data on a phone, tablet, computer, or a laptop you can connect it with the Ambient weather network server.
- You can also send emails and text messages.
- Can connect it with Alexa and Google Home. You will be provided all the pieces of information needed by simply saying Outdoor Conditions to these devices.
Things We Dislike
- The LCD screen in this device is not positioned in a way to be user-friendly.
The Ambient Weather WS-2902A 10-in-1 Wi-Fi professional weather station is of high quality and is durable and reliable. With the Osprey Color display console and the Osprey sensor array, the forecasts made are highly accurate. It is available at a price of $180 on Amazon and can really be your best friend if your work is centered on outdoor weather conditions.
La Crosse technology 308-1414B wireless weather station Reviews
The product comes in a full-color display that will give you the temperature and humidity, along with the future weather prediction. It uses the latest technologies to give accurate information about the weather. It can measure the minimum and maximum values of temperature, heat index, and dew point. It features self-set atomic time and date with automatic DST updates. It will alert the user about low battery and reception strength.
- It comes with a full-color LCD display with different weather icons.
- It has the features of atomic self-set time and date which adds to the accuracy of its working. It also has automatic daylight saving time resets.
- Measures wirelessly indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity with minimum and maximum values for the same.
- It alerts the user of extreme weather.
- Indicates automatically bad reception and low battery.
- The display uses a 5.0V AC adapter for primary power.
- Both the Fahrenheit and Celsius can be used to indicate outdoor and outdoor temperature.
- Alerts for Low/ high temperature for both indoor and outdoor conditions and will be recorded.
- Animated icons.
- Trend indicator for outdoor and indoor.
- Time alarm along with snooze and an adjustable backlight.
La Crosse technology 308-1414B wireless atomic digital color forecast station with alerts is an affordable product priced just at $65.96 on Amazon. It is available in two colors – black and white. It could be a perfect weather station for you if you are not looking for something fancy and want to purchase it for residential purposes. It is loaded with sufficient features and the information provided by it is pinpoint accurate.
AcuRite 01012M weather station, compatible with Amazon Alexa
The device can monitor actual hyper-local weather conditions in your backyard anytime from anywhere. The weather reports are very accurate and reliable. The current conditions can be viewed using the indoor color display, or by connecting using a smart device. The free apps from My AcuRite not only provide information on your dashboard but also allows you to share your real-time weather data with friends, family, and the weather underground online community. It can measure temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, and barometric pressure. The app stores a month’s reading and can store up to 12 hours of readings during power cuts.
- The device can monitor the weather conditions in your backyard, from anywhere using a device that can be connected through the internet.
- It is compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Custom alerts are sent to the registered device when the weather conditions become extreme.
- The internet connectivity feature allows the user to share the real-time weather information with anyone they want and the weather underground online community
- The device can be connected to up to seven compatible devices using AcuRite Access.
What We Like
- Very easy to install.
- Has an auto-dimming feature, it works perfectly.
- The monitor is perfectly placed so that it makes the user feel comfortable if they read it from any angle.
- Easily accessible through home technological products like Alexa.
What We Dislike
- Accuracy in temperature is not good.
AcuRite 01012M weather station with access for remote monitoring, compatible with Alexa could be a very effective product for you if your daily work depends on the weather conditions prevailing in your area. It is decked with the latest technologies and comes with an easy-to-use LCD screen that displays all the weather-related information that you need to know. The product is priced around $199.99 on Amazon and this particular model comes as a stand-alone weather station as well if you do not want the internet connectivity feature. Thus, this product can be a very smart choice for the consumer.
Davis instruments 6250 vantage Vue wireless weather station Reviews
The product provides accurate and reliable weather details in a self-contained and easy-to-use system. It is designed for residential use, educational purposes, and outdoor activities. It is comprised of an outdoor integrated sensor suite (ISS) and a console. The ISS can be easily set up and it can send data anywhere up to a range of 1000 feet. The data is updated on the console every 2.5 seconds by the ISS. It can measure indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, barometric pressure, rainfall, and dew point. The console is backlit and has a 3 by 4.375 inch LCD screen. The optional Weather-Link allows the user to get additional weather analysis in a preferred version.
- Different forecast icons.
- Different display options.
- Glow in the dark user-friendly keypad.
- Sets off alarms when extreme weather conditions.
- Shows time and date.
- Measures and updates readings on temperature and humidity, rain, wind speed, and barometric pressure.
Integrated Sensor Suite Features
- The wireless uses a broad frequency spectrum to ensure transmission up to 1000 feet from the device’s location.
- It is powered by solar energy and has stored energy back up.
- It is very easy to install.
- Uses bubble level technology to increase accuracy.
What We Like
- Has a weatherproof cover which makes the unit resist from corrosion.
- Much longer durability.
- Runs in solar power so that no cost is needed to be spent on electricity.
What We Dislike
- Confuses in mounting it.
The Davis instruments 6250 Vantage Vue wireless weather station is a very good choice for residential, educational, and outdoor purposes. It is available on Amazon at a price of $315.12 and can be a worthy buy if you are looking for high quality, high accuracy and decked with the latest features weather station.
AcuRite 01036M Wireless Home Weather Station Reviews
With a 5-in-1 precision, the AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station with Programmable Alarms, PC Connect, 5-in-1 Weather Sensor, and My Remote Monitoring Weather App accurately measures the temperature, wind speed, direction, and humidity. The monitoring is so precise and the PC connect feature is a great add-on.
- The unit comes with Thermometer, Hygrometer, Self-Calibrating Forecasting, Data Logger, Barometer, Clock, Calendar, Rain Gauge, Anemometer, Alarm, Heat index, Wind Chill, Dew point.
- Humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, the temperature can be read by this device
- The dimension of the indoor unit is 8.2”, 7.4” and 1.2”.
- Input voltage: 4.5 V DC
- Accessories include AcuRite 09150 AcuLink Internet Bridge.
What We Like
- Weather data can be easily accessed through an Android and iOS app or an internet browser.
- Self-calibrating technology is used to provide a personal forecast.
- Switches that are important are placed on the front so that they can be easily accessed.
What We Dislike
- On battery power backlight lights for only ten minutes.
If you are looking for an easily anywhere accessible weather station this one suits you more.
AcuRite 01024 Pro Home Weather Station with Lightning Detector
With high definition display, you can check the weather conditions with clarity in AcuRite 01024 Pro Weather Station with Lightning Detector, HD Display, Rain Gauge, Wind Speed and Direction, Temperature & Humidity Sensor. The indoor comfort and daily record dashboards give you real-time data including the lightning strike counter.
- Weather data includes Temperature, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Rainfall, and lightning.
- It shows the conditions of the home and indoor comfort that helps one to maintain the right temperature. Shows the trend arrows.
- Records trend graph for every hour of wind speed.
- This device is featured with two solar panels. It can detect lightning within a surrounding of 40 kilometers.
What We Like
- Can withstand all weather conditions and is durable.
- Self-calibration technology is equipped with it.
- Batteries last for 2 years.
- Easy installation.
What We Dislike
- The base unit should be always plugged.
If you are looking for weather station which is durable and have long battery life means this one is for you.
La Crosse Technology C85845-1 Color Wireless Forecast Station
The La Crosse Technology C85845-1 Color Wireless Forecast Station forecasts the details with arrows and you get to see dynamic options. With an adjustable backlight, you can customize the alerts for temperature and humidity. The self-setting time and date blends well with the daylight savings time reset.
- It has dynamic forecast icons with tendency arrows.
- Backlights are adjustable and have a comfort level color bar.
- Displays heat index and dew point.
- Can indicate signal perception strength.
What We Like
- The display is very bright and colorful.
- Setup can be made quick and intuitive.
What We Dislike
- Doesn’t works well for the atomic time.
If you are looking for a weather station with an adjustable backlight and colorful display means this product is for you.
FanJu FJ3365B Wireless Weather Station Reviews
FanJu’s Weather Station has some unbelievable number of features. This is an indoor/outdoor thermometer and hygrometer with a daily alarm and snooze function. Not only will you be able to check the weather, but humidity, moon phase as well. The large screen and the alarm function makes the product a preferable choice.
- Indoor/outdoor thermometer and Hygrometer, MAX/MIN temperature and humidity display, Barometric pressure, WWVB radio control clock, Moon phase, alarm, and snooze zone.
- The package comes with 1 color weather station, 1 wireless outdoor sensor, 1 power adapter, 1 user manual.
What We Like
- The display is positioned in a way that it is easy for the user to read.
- Uses 7 symbols for the forecast: sunny, cloudy, slightly cloudy, rainy, heavy rains, snowy heavy snowy.
What We Dislike
- The colors used in the display are not much suited.
If you are looking for a weather station with symbols for various weather conditions in the display then you can buy this product.
Oregon Scientific BAR208HGX advanced weather station
With weather forecasts and warning messages, the Oregon weather station comes as a tool to provide indoor and outdoor temperatures in real-time. In addition, you can use this as a humidity monitor as well. The 12/24 hour format time zone feature is radio controlled and has multiple zone facility and it can monitor up to three additional locations on wireless mode up to 100 feet.
- Sends weather warning messages for storm, wind, fog, frost.
- Atomic time doesn’t need to be adjusted for Daylight saving time.
- Ice alert with green LED light.
- Its display can be used as a replacement with sensors THGR122N, THGR122NX OR THN132N or it can be used as an additional display.
What We Like
- Larger LCD display with backlight and moon phase.
- Moon phase
What We Dislike
- Desktop only no wall mount option.
If you are looking for a larger LCD display weather station with moon phase then you can move on with this product.
Things to note while buying a Best Home Weather Station
The kind of information you want to fetch from your device is the key here. Some might use it to know the current weather condition of their area. For instance, being a farmer you would want to monitor the weather condition to know if it’s the optimal temperature for your crops to grow or else for trackers keeping weather updates while on trails. While professionals or enthusiasts prefer precise data monitoring and tracking device to study the climatic patterns. The selection has to be according to your need. Once you decide the purpose, the selection of a portable weather system or best weather station system will be at ease.
The home weather system consists of two parts one is the integrated sensory system and the other is the console through which u access the weather variables. There is quite a vivid variety of such stations with 3 to 5 sensors available.
Best Portable weather stations are less complicated and easy to assemble due to their small size. Its compact size and toughness is a boon for trackers and campers.
Accuracy and range of data
Every station gives the basic knowledge of the weather around you. Temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed, humidity is primary but some high-end devices provide added weather variables like solar radiation, soil condition, lightening, and much more.
Some of the particular products of some brands lose their accuracy with time. Hence keep a check on customer satisfaction reviews before you buy.
Connection type, Durability, Distance, and Energy source
A maximum transmission distance is a major falling in favor aspect. Considering a wireless station is also preferred among customers.
Home weather stations are available in energy modes, solar energy operating, and voltage supply.
All the wired best weather stations work smoothly with AC supply. Mobile stations for obvious reasons require AA batteries. While there are few which can soak sun rays and produce solar energy for self.
The durability of the device varies from brand to brand. Saying that having a sneak peek at customer’s reviews are advised.
Cost and warranty
As I said before, prices of weather stations vary from few dollars to a few thousand dollars depending upon their features and added sensors.
While most of the companies provide a minimum of 1year warranty, a few products come up with 5 years warranty as well.
FAQs for Home Weather Station 2020
Q. Do the company provide repairing facility?
Ans. If the device is under warranty period, you can claim the warranty with the required document and bill. Otherwise, some companies provide parts repair and exchange facility also.
Q. Does the solar weather station work in cloudy climatic conditions?
Ans. Most of the solar operating device work well until 30-36 hours without solar charging but they cannot withstand much of cloudy season though.
Q. The weather station devices are available online or not?
Ans. Yes, it is available online and you can order it from online.
Conclusion: Best Home Weather Stations 2020
So, as per your pocket and need you can buy the best weather station for you so that you can plan your day properly. Moreover, always check whether the device is accurately working or not, which means the device should broadcast proper reports. So why to wait for the news channels to get updated about the weather? Buy your own weather station and get updated every second.